Monday, May 14, 2007

Blasphemous Entertainment

I found this Street Fighter-style Bible game where you choose a Bible character and fight against another. While this game is entertaining at first, it is pretty borderline blasphemous (in my opinion)... I have to say playing Jesus was too much for me. My sense of guilt overcame me and I had to stop. I think I'll be doing some serious repenting tonight...

In spite of all my shame I can't help but share the game with you. As much as this would be making a brother stumble, it would be a waste to not mention it at all (besides it was quite a find!).



Note: apparently there's a cheat code that enables you to play as God! ... don't do it.

2 comments:

Debs said...

Yeah man i definately think that's a bit off!

Maybe they thought "people diss God in their everyday lives anyway,so whats a bit of god-dissing-game-action gonna do?"

the kyle said...

Yeah, either that or they were deliberately meaning to offend the Christians.

Who knows they might even be Christian liberals that see nothing wrong in it... I have to confess I'm a hypocrite. I've played that game a few times now. It's actually a really cool game... yet I realise I'm falling into my "I know it's not right but I'll do it anyway" habit.

Again I take God's grace for granted...